More information is now available about the electrocution of a construction worker yesterday at UNCG. The worker was an employee of Greensboro-based Powertec Electric. Powertec was doing electrical work as part of a remodeling job at the Elliot University Center.
Lester said the investigation is closed. It is unclear at this point whether he was only referring to the police investigation. There should be further inquiries. It certainly seems that at this point there are lots of questions that need answers. Such as how the power was left on with electricians working in the area. What safeguards were in place to avoid this situation and how did they fail. Did the workplace comply with OSHA regulations?
Lester did say that the UNCG Office of Safety reviews incidents such as this. Hopefully we will be hearing the results of their review in the near future.